30 April 2007

new work

Finally posting some photos of new work I exhibited last month.
The series of four mixed media drawings is titled the frog in my throat, the dog in my guts, the bird in my heart, the fox in my mind (+ me in my hands) - yes, possibly the longest title ever! They were included in an exhibition called Gender Show, which my friend Virginia Mawer curated + which ran on campus for about three weeks. It was an interesting + varied show, with about 20 participating artists.
The images aren't very good unfortunately... I'm yet to befriend a professional photographer... but at least they give you an idea of what I've been up to. It's a new direction for me - continuing to move away from objects + towards drawing. I still feel quite excited by it + looking forward to finding more time for it (as ever).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh well. Maybe next time you can find someone else to take your photos.

Claire said...

Oh... I guess they are terrible? Nothing like a negative comment from Mr/Mrs Anonymous! At the very least it gives a bit of an idea, but I will try to do better next time. (And thank you to Gin, who took them + really did her best given bad light etc.)

Anonymous said...

I think the photos look quite warm actually.. perhaps anonymous didn't know that you can click on the photos to get a better look or perhaps anonymous is just another fucking idiot on the web.

Claire said...

Yeh! Take that! Thanks mate.

chris chua said...

awesome, Congrats! Cant wait to see what you come up with next:)

Claire said...

Thanks Chris - always great to get some positive feedback!