16 October 2006

multi-tasking...

Attempting a fit-everything-into-a-half-hour-lunchbreak challenge. Typing + eating are not sympathetic activities though. Free-falling salmon and asparagus pie crumbs. Fingers sticky with freshly cut orange. Please don't consider the state of my keyboard or the bacterial ramifications of this post.

Now that I'm here I'm wondering what to say. A colleague recently commented that blogs are boring. And I concede that she's right. But here we all are. By 'we all' I mean me + the resounding silence that meets me when when I throw my bits n bobs out to the worldwideweb. It raises all sorts of questions, the most persistent being WHY? I'm having fun okay. Leave me alone. (Oh, hang on, you already are.)

This week's Illo Friday topic is smitten. I've had no big brainwaves about what to create, but it is a very appropriate topic because I have another crush. 500th for the year. At this point I need to confess that I've returned to the internet meat-market (please note: with many reservations + a sad sense of resignation). I've been bored okay? If there's no possibility of romantic spark in my life I go mildly insane... + if there's no possibility of a shag... there, said it. I can admit to these sad truths, high-disclosure queen that I am. So I have a crush. On someone I haven't met. The basis of the crush is that his name is Gus + he has a quirky sense of humour. That's all it takes. Decent name, ability to make me giggle in some unpredictable way. He's a bald Kiwi with creative writing aspirations. Sound familiar? Okay, so I have a crush + some alarm bells echoing in the distance. I'm meeting him on Saturday + pledging not to spend any more time thinking about it until then. Woops... too late.

There is something so exciting about a crush. They should bottle it + sell it.

6 comments:

adi said...

blogs boring?

perhaps your collegue is not looking the right places, but more likely doen't have their own blog.

i find other's navel gazing and musing fascinating! not to mention my own!

Anonymous said...

is it jonah lomu?
that's good because he'll need all the support you can give him what with missing out on the Super 16 or whatever the fuck it is. but as he says grammatically incorrectly "One of the many things the game has taught me is that when you get knocked down and you just have to get back up".

Claire said...

Another mystery guest. And after my pointed comments about being alone. There is something so exciting about anonymity. But is it you A.N.G.??

One of life's great lessons too - when you get knocked down you have to get back up. Thanks for spelling that out Jonah. We'd be lost without ya.

crybaby said...

mmmm crushes. the guilty pleasure of the wed.

Claire said...

Definitely on the road to toenail collection discovery now!

PS: Adi - thanks for asking me for boy advice the other day. It was completely ill-founded, but it made me feel like a rock star.

adi said...

uh oh... that last one was a loaded post me thinks, so saturday wasn't too horrible then?

remember: you'll always be a rock star to me, darlin!