03 October 2006

making luuuuurve

Don't get too excited!

I've been battling my burgeoning in-box over the long weekend, wading through long unanswered correspondence + trying to be a Good Friend. I have one from a mate who shall be known as the Notorious A.N.G. He is playing provocateur - as usual - + looking for a rise on the pseudo-philosophy outlined below. I can't even read it without my brain fuzzing out + going into the red zone...

Woman's subconscious dependence on the fluctuating sexual attention of men rules her choice of partner. She may go for either an exciting man whom she thinks she can control. Or an agreeable and safe partner whom she can quietly bend to her wants. Both kinds of partnership usually end in either disaster or boredom and frustration.

Male sexuality is put into woman in sexual intercourse and because it is substantive it stays on in her. It's effect is a periodic wispy shadow of depression that she can't explain but accepts as normal. It clouds her perception, making her feel emotional and not herself.

The same male sexuality is the active outgoing selfish drive which made the world a violent and loveless place. In woman the destructive shadow of man subtly influences her choice of a partner. So very seldom is he mister right.

The male shadow in her is doubt, and it is the shadow that chooses. While woman wants the right to choose, she has to make a choice. And then she must live with the shadow doubt, in the man and in herself.

Woman in her natural state is not dependant on man. She loves him and in love there is no dependence, no attachment, and no fear of losing. She is the passive attracting principle; she is an irresistible living magnet. She draws to herself a right man to love her truly and divinely. There's no choice in it.

For woman today to return to her natural golden state takes time. But having suffered enough from man's sexuality she gradually learns not to compromise where there is not enough love. Finally this brings her a man who can remove the shadow from his love."

Excerpt from "Making Love" by Barry Long (transribed from tape...)

I'd like to make some sensible comments A, really I would. But firstly I don't understand it, + secondly it just sounds like misogynistic bullshit to me. I dunno, maybe I am getting unecessarily caught up in self-righteousness.

I'm keen on the idea of reaching a natural golden state... as long as it doesn't involve golden showers... + I reckon our mate Bazz might just be headed in that direction. Would I have to wear yellow all the time? Cos that doesn't work with my complexion. As for not compromising where there isn't enough love... well if only it were that straightforward.

How does the old raincoat impact on 'substantive male sexuality'?

Any other thoughts?

11 comments:

crybaby said...

no thoughts. i was disappointed when i realised that this was not a tell-all passage from a recent exploit.

Claire said...

Wish there were tales to tell mate. It's dry as a desert in my pants right now! Where are all those cute single friends you're sposed to be lining me up with?!

crybaby said...

party on the 11th

adi said...

I got sent this too and had a similar reaction.
i've decided to ignore it completely because it made me

a) feel angry that I love and need men
b) feel angry that i don't quite get it
c) feel angry cos there is truth in it too.

bah!

Gonzo Gonzalez said...

Please allow me to amend my vanity.

Dear Sisters,

The most accute problem facing Bazza is his puerile idealisation of "Woman". His antiquated
articulation/utilization of the term, so to speak, is perhaps (perilously!) naive.

Though evedently sad, I believe One can't but give the helpless fool (for love?) the benefit of the doubt. To do otherwise would be simply to pity, and potentially despise, him.

That, or possibly, congratulate the "wicked beast" his courage in having the blind audacity to meet the "Divine Goddess" face to face instead of sulking like some tame dog at "Her" feet, surreptitiously peeking under "Her" skirt hem, expectaant of a warm titillating treat.

One chooses to believe that his blatant stupidity is more an indication of his high esteem and true love of, and for, woman/women, than perhaps his false "need" to
thereby subconsciously treat them to a fantasized peremptory subjujegation in the dire attempt to aggrandizing, a presumably,feeble ego and/or weak erection.

Give the guy a break, he his, after
all, merely moratl.

"Human, all too human",

Adonis

Claire said...

MR T: …its moral is something that we already know ad infinitum but never do… "you gotta be happy with yourself (alone) before you can me with someone else" blah blah. Maybe it's just this extract but where do we hear about men removing the 'shadow' of their love? It all seems to be dependent on women getting their shit together, once she returns to her "natural golden state" it "brings her a man who can remove the shadow from his love".

Claire said...

Aaargh. This is the kind of issue that keeps me mildly interested, mildly bored + mildly irritated... all at the same time.

I know y'all may think I'm naive - + I DO think it's important to acknowledge the inherent differences between the sexes - but I also choose to think that we have more in common as human beings than we have differentiating us as 'men' + 'women'. We do inhabit the same planet, species, life space, after all. Surely these gender-based genralisations only serve to alienate us from one another.

I'm not allowed to say "all men are dickheads", even if I am tempted to buy into that bullshit from time to time. So why is it okay for Bazz to say that all women have a "subconscious dependence on the fluctuating sexual attention of men"? Isn't this a blatant untruth?

Gonzo Gonzalez said...

I feel absolutely no inclination to defend the opinion/s contained in this, as you correctly point out, psuedo-philosophical doggerel. What makes you think that I would?

Why should it make any more sense to me than it does to you?

What I previously wrote above was blatantly novel; more than anything, an amusing
exercise in futility.

I sent you the excerpt in the mild hope that you could glean something from it and thereby
assist me in developing a constructive opinion of it.

It was I that required/requested your elucidation.

Yet, if you don't mind me saying, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

"Every man and woman is a star."

Claire said...

Woah... settle down there Mr Sensitive. I didn't ask you to defend anyone's opinion, not even your own, which you must know is frequently fluctuating. I've enjoyed a bit of healthy debate. So thank you for sparking that.

Bring on the next bone of contention! And don't take those gurus too seriously.

Hope you're going good mate. xxx

Gonzo Gonzalez said...

It seems you know me better than myself. A sure sign of woman's intuition...

Gonzo Gonzalez said...

See what happens when I get annoyed. But of course, you know this, don't you. Good work Claire!

I respond without thinking: a sure sign of masculine...

This is what I would have written were I less aroused.

It would seem that you know me better than I do myself: a sure sign of women's unerring intuition.

It's been fun. Hope your well.