18 September 2006

this week i ave mostly been...

...eating
--strawberry trifle... mmm...
--a delicious pear + raspberry smoothie. Best homemade-weekend-treat brekky ever.
--pea, potato + watercress salad with a mustardy dressing
--my usual two milky coffees, in the face of a vague desire to cut back to one
--the last of the apples, with mango season on its way, hooray
--fresh licorice

...smiling at
--my sister. A beautiful, intelligent person with so much integrity + strength. I love you Weeze.

--all my new opportunities for baby cuddles. Manu, Luiz + Pasquale, Olive - what blessed bundles of perfection.

--at least twelve pelicans, wending their way above me on my drive down to Gerringong yesterday, like graceful dinosaurs of the air. The pelican joy continues. I am so digging that drive too, with the rolling green hills + the coral trees flaming into bud. Scarlet highlights against rain-fresh greens + then the blues of sea + sky. And when I get to Gerringong Ruth, Willy, Nina + the twins are waiting on a sunny porch for me. An afternoon digging tunnels in the sand, singing songs to the ocean, cuddling babies + talking with Ruth. Nina gave me an amazing drawing of snails within snails on top of snails. Life doesn't get much better.

--my ongoing show of adventurous spirit. I went to a ball on Friday. Who woulda thought it! And it was kinda fun... in a daggy, drunken kinda way.

--lunch with Gin, who continues to be a gorgeous, effervescent presence in my life. It's impossible not to smile around you honey. Thank you.

--my idiot love life

...listening to
--Patti Smith. Trying to get in touch with my 'I am woman hear me roar' streak. Not working.
--Teenage Fanclub. Trying not to get in touch with my sad-ass, romantic-but-lonely streak. Failing miserably.
--A crazy Tim Buckley album, Starsailor, which I am struggling to fathom but will persist with. The beauty of Song to the Siren demands it.

...watching
--very little. Back into the telly-free zone which is a good thing. It means my life is full of other stuff. I will be breaking out tonight with a sew-a-thon in front of Grey's Anatomy. Ah... Monday night veg out...

No comments: