04 September 2006

mash...



Still residing with one foot in pancake territory, as evidenced by a few clues…

a) watched the crappiest of movies on telly + howled like a baby. I cried at the pure sap content. I cried at the injustice of it all. I cried cos I’m not living in Italy, renovating an ancient palazza, writing pontiferous memoirs, + embracing swarthy lovers. I cried cos I don’t look like Diane Lane when I get my kit off. And mostly I cried about watching ‘Under the Tuscan Bum’ all on my lonesome on a Sunday night.

b) ate an entire cherry ripe before 10am.

c) agreed to meet P for coffee in the midst of a P Ban. The whole “ban” concept isn’t working out too well. I don’t think I’ve ever made it past eight weeks, + this will only be in the vicinity of three. My prediction is a half-hour, caffeine-fuelled, head-butting session… but who can rightly say? I just hope that one day I’m brave enough to let the head-butting habit go. There must come a time when the void is better than the same old rituals of failed communication.

But there’s also plenty of good stuff afoot… apologies for the feet theme...

a) I had a lovely weekend with me ma. We went + saw The Audreys at the Heritage Hotel in Bulli, a most civilised venue. It would have been nice if the drunken loud-mouths who talked through the entire show had kept that in mind. But that was a minor glitch in an otherwise perfect evening. I’m still digging those down-home-country Adelaidians, even if they do come off a tad too slick at times. There’s a big part of my heart devoted to bluegrass + a night out where I can yee-haw. I'm willing to admit that their version of Jolene gives me the tingles. Yesterday we walked the Sea Cliff Bridge + had a lesiurely brekky in Stanwell Park. Then we checked out Holley + Sal's soccer semi-final. Unfortunately the Uni Hippos were not triumphant... but... you know what...? I went + watched SPORT + I yelled from the sidelines + I followed what was going on (sorta) + I enjoyed it. Woo hoo!

b) Emma rang last night + we went for a coupla drinks at the Ox. Her call was slightly out of the blue... or was that just how my muddle-head felt on awakening from its nana-nap? I had new-friend-nerves, especially given that we're both a bit shy, but it was great. A summery evening in a beer garden. Cold Coopers. Good conversation. We yakked away, covering everything from her upcoming nuptials to sex-tourism. (Don't ask me to map out the tangents. You've gotta love where a discussion weaves + wends!)

c) I have the loveliest of weeks ahead of me too. Time with Ruth on Wednesday, Weeze arriving to stay, dinner with the uni gang on Thursday, a day off with Mr T + Bez on Friday, uncharted expeditions to be experienced.

It's all good! Pancakes begone!

No comments: