07 November 2008

if these walls could talk...

...they'd say thank you!

Melbourne is a serious street art hub. Everywhere I turn there's a new image or pithy catchphrase. It makes every walk an adventure + I'm digging it. I'd momentarily forgotten about street press + that's fun too. I've picked up copies of Trouble + Vice in the last couple of days, along with an assortment of general weird stuff.

My favourite so far is a stapled two-page photocopy, called 'On Wednesday...', which documents an anonymous chick's Wednesdays in time-based increments. Complete with urinary tract infection. "Distributed weekly on the day after Wednesday." Vice would call this a prime example of boring white people. But I kinda like the documenting of the uneventful everyday. Hey, I do it all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love seeing Melbourne through you here Claire...show me more!

Tone

Claire said...

Thanks Tones! I should have mentioned that I've set up another 'found drawings' album on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/atomic-blondie/sets/72157608699050319/

So you can check out some of the crazy street art action there. Man... there's some cool stuff going down in this town.

Adam said...

hey claire - where did you pick up "on wednesday"? I want one!

Claire said...

Cheers Adam - I found it in Mag Nation on Elizabeth Street. Sadly, when I dropped in there yesterday they appeared to have removed their free-shit table. I haven't had a chance to investigate further but I'll keep you posted!