03 October 2007

where nothing at all needs saying... but something still does

Sometimes loneliness tugs at the proverbial strings for the strangest of reasons.

I ordered a new book from my favourite poet + it arrived today. I was reading at lunchtime + suddenly thought that it would be lovely to have someone to read aloud to. Queue loneliness. There's no one occupying the read-aloud-to spot in my life. Sigh.

Maybe I'll give the girls an impromptu reading round at Toni's tonight. You gotta create your own romance, after all. If you don't so few other people will.

It is Born
Here I came to the very edge
where nothing at all needs saying,
everything is absorbed through weather + the sea,
+ the moon swam back,
its rays all silvered,
+ time + again the darkness would be broken
by the crash of a wave,
+ every day on the balcony of the sea,
wings open, fire is born,
+ everything is blue again like morning.
Pablo Neruda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to have you back. You are my favourite site, better than even facebook.

Tones said...

Hey we didn't have an impromptu girl - I didn't realise it was on the cards... lots of crazy talk went on that we didn't get to it ...thanks for organising last night it was just what the doctor ordered for all of us I think....

As for the peom it is a perfect summary of life. I'm going to look for more....

Claire said...

Awww... thanks missyb! Still not sure how 'back' I am, but I'm sure to keep up with the bits n bobs. They have to find there way out somehow!

And Tones, I chickened out on the poetry reading! The book was in my bag, but to be honest I was far to interested in the great company and rich discussion to even think of it. I had a lovely night too. Thanks for being a wonderful friend.