26 June 2007

dark + rainy mornings

Yay for me! I was up at sparrow's fart this morning. A return to the gym after three weeks of complete + utter slackness. I still have a strange desire to incinerate every cross-trainer on the face of the planet, but aside from that I feel positive.

(Don't know why there's any need to announce this to the world. Perhaps as a form of self-motivation. It's too early to be self-aggrandisement, but be assured that I will brag if I get back to a full routine. Nag me if you see me. Or just choose to ignore me.)

3 comments:

Tones said...

The point dear was so you could make me feel bad because I cancelled my first appointment to go to that dreaded place tomorrow cause sausage is sick....but unfortunatley they convinced me to rebooked...I will be along side you burning those cross-trainers...why does it have to be so boring and uninviting!

Claire said...

I'm in no position to make anyone feel bad about exercise Toni! In fact, you can just look at me + feel better!

I did make it back to the house-of-horror this morning + managed to work up more sweat than on Tuesday. I'd love a partner in sweaty whinginess if we can find a time that suits us both! Having someone to hang with who is in someway like me - not a spray-tanned, bleached-blonde, size six - would be a definite plus in the motivation stakes. This morning's change room conversations included a benefit/cost comparison of acrylic versus gel nails, + an analysis of the true joys of pole dancing. It was like being transported to an alien world.

Tones said...

Yeah I love those nail conversations. They are up there with the mothers group cleaning products conversations!

I'd love to be your gym buddy and would love to have a gym buddy but I have had to join Fernwood over this side not the work gym cause it's too hard to get to it when I live over here and we only have one car plus it has somewhere for Mol to play while I throw my flab around :)

At least we know we're not alone when those size 6's come our way and can whinge about them here.