27 August 2006

this week i ave mostly been...

...eating
--homemade lasagne with spinachy goodness. Made for tea with a friend on Wednesday and eaten with predictable regularity since. Ah... the joys of cooking for one!
--two delicious, splurge-worthy bananas
--another splurge (surprise surprise) cocolo premium organic fairtrade dark chocolate
--too much beer... again

...smiling at
--me gorgeous mates Holley + Sal, who accompanied me on a top night out at Darren Hanlon + Youth Group. No-one told me Dazz is CUTE! And there was another cutie too. Yes, Gemini came along on a non-date. I am still smitten, but pretty convinced that he is not. (Of course I'm flabbergasted that anyone could resist my drunken charms, especially when surrounded by gorgeous 20-year-olds clothed in very little!) Regardless of whether he likes me that way or not, he slotted straight in with the gang + seemed to have loads of fun. I was impressed + so was Sal, who leant her support with several whispers of "I like G". I love those guys.

--seven pelicans, flying in formation on my walk to work on Wednesday. Call me weird, but I feel like I've lucked out when I see a bunch of pelicans up in the air. They're so huge + unweildy on the ground, + so magnificent when surfing the currents + slip-streams. And seven in one flock. Bonus!

--winning the uni trivia comp... wey hey! Go the librarian brains trust. I contributed one answer + that was the name of Peter Falconio's accused murderer. I had instant recall of this fact, singling me out as the kind of voyeuristic freak who knows about outback psycho killers. Me, who wouldn't even dream of watching 'Wolf Creek'.

--spring sunshine. Nuff said.

...listening to
--my Mogwai back catalogue... 39 epics in one lazy Saturday... don't ask about my mood. It has been a lo fi and slightly black weekend.
--Thom Yorke, 'Eraser' - see mood notes above.
--Gillian Welch, 'Soul Journey' - see frontier notes below.
--ON THE WISLIST: there is a new Yo La Tengo album out + it is supposed to be pure joy. Yet to sample it though. I'm still coveting the less-new Goldfrapp, + that remains on the top of the list.

...watching
--my lasagne friend brought round 'The Station Agent', which I loved just as much the second time round. I'd forgotten what a beautiful, tender film it is. And I am still in love with Joe. (So what if I hand my love out willy-nilly? I'm a lover not a fighter!)
--Mat + Sarah lent me Season One of 'Deadwood', insisting I'd be immediately hooked. Normally I insist on doing the opposite of whatever they tell me, but in this case they were right. The proof is in the fact that I worked my way through twelve c**ksucking episodes in seven c**ksucking days. It was almost a relief to get that vulgarity over + done with. Almost... because I'm already wondering how I can get hold of Season Two. Gillian Welch helped round out the frontier mood here at C**ksucking Camp Claire.

PS: I don't actually know what a slip-stream is. Just thought it sounded impressive when used in the context of pelicans.

1 comment:

crybaby said...

hoople head.